VIETNAMESE SPRING ROLL
40g minced pork
30g crab meat
40g minced prawns
15g ear mushrooms
35 - 40g taro (replace by sweet potato or potato)
½ teaspoon of chicken powder
1 teaspoon of sugar
½ teaspoon of ground pepper
1 teaspoon of chopped shallot
1 teaspoon of chopped spring onion
1 - 2 teaspoons of egg yolk
3 - 4 pieces of rice paper or net rice paper (the rice paper should be covered by fresh banana leaves or cabbage 1 day before)
Coconut juice or beer or mixture of fresh water and a little sugar. Or beer and a little sugar is the best one
Cooking oil for deep-frying (soy oil or sunflower oil)
Dried ear mushroom: soak in warm water about 15 - 20 minutes. Drain. Discard the stems and chopped. - Taro: peel off the skin, cut in julienne.
1. Stuffing: In a bowl, place pork, crab, prawn, taro and ear mushroom. Then add shallot, spring onion, sugar, chicken powder, pepper and egg yolk. And then mash them until they are combined well. (divide it into 3 or 4 parts which have the same size)
2. Spread a little coconut juice on the surface of the rice paper evenly (not too much). Fold the edge of the rice paper about 3 cm towards the center. Then place 1 part of stuffing on the space folded. Start folding the left and right side of the rice paper into the center. Then roll up tightly from the bottom edge away to the far end.
3. Deep-frying all of the spring rolls in a pan over low heat until golden brown.
4. To be served with lettuce, fragrant leaves, rice noodle and dipping fish sauce.
DIPPING FISH SAUCE
Nước mắm chấm
2 tablespoons of sugar
1,5 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of fish sauce
1 teaspoon of garlic
½ teaspoon of chopped chili
In a bowl, add lemon juice, sugar and fish sauce. Whisk until the sugar dissolved completely.
Then add chopped chilies and chopped garlic. Stir again and taste it.
* Dipping fish sauce can use for fresh spring roll and any kind of salad.